[arch-devops] Moving projects.archlinux.org to luna.archlinux.org

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jan 10 09:23:31 UTC 2016

On 10.01.2016 00:57, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> - users push to repos via ssh directly on gerolde. They will have to update
> their remotes url.

Let's make sure we use some generic subdomain this time (something like
git.archlinux.org or projects-push.archlinux.org).

> Nonetheless, if we move the storage to nymeria, we save the configuration of
> ssh access to all devs + externals to luna. Not sure if this is relevant if we
> move to accounts to ldap.

If we have the time to set up ldap (including replication and either ssl
or a vpn), then that's fine by me. I'd like to clean up gudrun/gerolde
somewhat soon so we can get rid of xen and potentially the ancient
hardware that is running it. I'd prefer to delay this cleanup as little
as (sanely) possible.

While saving space is always nice, nymeria has plenty of it. It
currently has >500gb free disk so 1gb repos won't be a problem. luna has
to store them anyway, so no gain there.

I intended to look into ldap at some point myself, but if we want to use
it for git that would delay the move too much. Anyone here has
experience and an idea how long it would take to set up?

We could still move to ldap later without affecting users (dedicated
subdomain).

> Here is a short planning if we go through this option:

The plan looks good (if we take the ldap route).

> I see there is also dev.archlinux.org on gudrun that I could also move to luna
> too.

I'm not sure what dev.archlinux.org is used for. Isn't that some kind of
personal web space for devs? Can we move it that easily?