[arch-devops] Moving projects.archlinux.org to luna.archlinux.org

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 19 01:06:05 UTC 2016

On dim., 2016-01-10 at 10:23 +0100, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 10.01.2016 00:57, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> Let's make sure we use some generic subdomain this time (something like
> git.archlinux.org or projects-push.archlinux.org).
I agree. Let's go with git.archlinux.org.

> If we have the time to set up ldap (including replication and either ssl
> or a vpn), then that's fine by me. I'd like to clean up gudrun/gerolde
> somewhat soon so we can get rid of xen and potentially the ancient
> hardware that is running it. I'd prefer to delay this cleanup as little
> as (sanely) possible.
My idea was to locally create the needed accounts to move projects to luna and
then deal with ldap on all our hosts. So we can get ride of the Xen hardware
without deps on ldap.

> While saving space is always nice, nymeria has plenty of it. It
> currently has >500gb free disk so 1gb repos won't be a problem. luna has
> to store them anyway, so no gain there.
Correct.

Another *small* pro of having repo on luna is that we have git push immediately
available, no sync delay.

> I intended to look into ldap at some point myself, but if we want to use
> it for git that would delay the move too much. Anyone here has
> experience and an idea how long it would take to set up?
If nobody start before, I will have free time in the beginning of February. So
at this moment I can manage to setup an ldap. Currently I can't.

> > I see there is also dev.archlinux.org on gudrun that I could also move to
> > luna
> > too.
>
> I'm not sure what dev.archlinux.org is used for. Isn't that some kind of
> personal web space for devs? Can we move it that easily?

Yep, it's personal web space for devs. The only difficulties I see is moving
user accounts to celestia (like for projects to luna) until we have ldap.
I think we should move it to celestia and merge it with the existing personal
webspace of pkgbuild.com (making one url redirect to the other)

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://seblu.net | Twitter: @seblu42