[arch-devops] restricted access to arch-security at archlinux.org for senders

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at posteo.de
Thu Jan 14 16:45:09 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am Chris from Arch Linux Security Team and I want to ask for restricted
acess for senders for the arch-security mailinglist.[1]
We had different issues in the past on this list including:

- neverending discussions.[2]
- broken MTAs (the newest one). Some emails from somebody are bouncing back
  to the mailinglist.[3]

That's the reason why the security-team want a whitelist for this
mailinglist. Everybody can subscribe but sending to it should be restricted
to avoid this issues. I would be fine with it if the restriction is for
everyone except the Arch Linux Developers, Trusted Users, and staff.
If you want even more agressive rules I would be also fine if only our
security team and some developers can write to it. According to my mail on the
arch-dev-public mailinglist the security mailinglist should be for Arch
Linux Security Advisories only.[4]

best regards

Christian Rebischke
Member of Arch Linux Security Team