[arch-devops] Build tools and repo management

Dumont, Joey Joey.Dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Oct 31 19:05:59 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

Our group is thinking of maintaining a subset of the msys2 repo to be used internally. I am wondering if there is documentation on the Arch Linux side on what tools you are currently using to automatically build the packages in the officially supported repos. I believe there must be some kind of dependency management as well, since official repos are never cursed by soname bump issues. Is there documentation on this as well? Specifically, is there a tool similar to apt-mirror?

Thank you, and please don't hesistate to ask questions if I didn't make myself clear.

Joey Dumont
Scientific Computing Technical Advisor
National Research Council Canada
joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca<mailto:joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>