[arch-devops] Build tools and repo management

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:31:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 31/10/2018 à 20:05, Dumont, Joey a écrit :

> Hi everyone!
>

> Our group is thinking of maintaining a subset of the msys2 repo to be
> used internally. I am wondering if there is documentation on the Arch
> Linux side on what tools you are currently using to automatically
> build the packages in the officially supported repos.

Almost none, we mostly build by hand. We have
http://rebuilds.foutrelis.com/ for huge rebuilds though. Automation of
rebuilds is somewhere on the agenda (but we would prefer to have
reproducible builds first I guess).

> I believe there must be some kind of dependency management as well,
> since official repos are never cursed by soname bump issues.

When a package has a soname dump (something we can detect with checkpkg
for instance), we generate a todo list (https://www.archlinux.org/todo/)
of depending packages to rebuild (using a script called sogrep).

> Is there documentation on this as well? Specifically, is there a tool
> similar to apt-mirror?

I don’t know the specifics about mirrors/repos, but I think it’s pretty
easy to setup.

Regards,
Bruno