[arch-devops] Bi-weekly infrastructure meeting

Sven-Hendrik Haase svenstaro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 15:48:54 UTC 2019

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019, 17:32 Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 05:26:24PM +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase via
> arch-devops <arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Sounds good to me! Would be especially important to cut down on bike
> > shedding. Decisions made in those meetings should also carry a lot of
> > weight and be written into some protocol on the wiki.
>
> I'd stick with IRC meetings then so that we at least have automatic logs
> of what we talked about. Maybe we could also highlight decisions
> directly with a keyword so that we can easily grep for them.
>
> Florian

I'd prefer audio meetings so that discussions feel a bit more like real
world meetings. Possibly using some online whiteboard at the same time. I
do a ton of remoting with colleagues and in my experience, there is a world
of difference between text and audio. Also, I don't think we need a full
log, just a decision protocol. The latter is something we don't get out of
IRC either. An IRC log is not a substitute for a proper decision protocol.