[arch-devops] forum migration

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Tue Feb 12 10:33:42 UTC 2019

On 02/11/19 at 05:38pm, Florian Pritz via arch-devops wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 05:30:47PM +0100, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-devops <arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > We also need to migrate Synapse, Kanboard and Quassel away from soyuz.
>
> Kanboard is on apollo, not soyuz. Apart from that, yeah we should
> migrate those away so that soyuz is really only a build server.

So today, we discussed it again on IRC and I'm not sure what we want to
do. Move all small services to a VPS? If we do that, do we want to move
to a separate DB hosted on a dedicated server (and what about HA).

Some things which can easily be moved to a small server since it
requires no postgres/mysql)

- phrik (requires an sqlite db)
- security.archlinux.org (only  requires an sqlite.db)
- grafana (not sure about it's load, I run it on a shitty intel atom 125
  euro qaud core)

Others require a real Database :-)

PostgreSQL users:
- archweb (5 GB)
- patchwork (30M)
- kanboard (13M)
- zabbix (5GB)
- quassel (dedicated ip for multiple irc
  connections iirc (ask heftig)) (5GB)
- matrix/synapse (37GB, big user)

MySQL:
- aur (300 MB)
- forum (~8GB)
- bugtracker (400 MB)
- wiki (~7 GB)

I would suggest we keep the AUR on a dedicated server for it's Git
repos, we could think of using a dedicated server for it's MySQL.

That would sum up: (2 or 4x EX42?)
- One MySQL DB server plus another for HA (dedicated)
- One PostgreSQL server plus another for HA (dedicated)

VPS plan:
CX11 (~3-4?):
- phrik
- security.archlinux.org
- grafana
- quassel
- zabbix
- kanboard
- archweb

separate CX21:
- forum
- bugtracker
- wiki
- matrix?

Dedicated server: (AX60?)
- aur

I'm probably over complicating things, please stop me :P

--
Jelle van der Waa