[arch-devops] AUR unavailable due to Python 3.8 upgrade

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sat Nov 23 15:50:00 UTC 2019

On 11/23/19 at 09:48am, Lukas Fleischer via arch-devops wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 07:44:54, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> > I updated most of our servers last night which led to the unfortunate
> > upgrade of Python to 3.8. I managed to python3 setup.py install the new
> > AUR module which seemed to fix stuff but now we have issues. The aur is
> > now in maintenance mode till this is figured out.
>
> I just fixed some smaller issues that were unresolved.

Thanks for fixing the isuses and also a big thanks to demize for making
a script to find the broken pushed packages.

I admit it was really my fault for naively doing an upgrade. For further
notice, the aurweb-* binaries need to installed as 755 root.

> > This needs to become a priority on our agenda, getting the AUR into
> > ansible and dealing with the big issue which is a vendored cgit which
> > will also break time from time.... (apart from the security
> > implications).
>
> I agree that this is a priority and I'd be glad to help! I agree that
> having to used a customized version of cgit is not optimal but I don't
> see any good alternative...

I think we should package it in our repos as cgit-aurweb although we
discussed doing it in a seperate repository but I think that's a bit
more work for not a lot of extra benefits.

The issue I had with making the role work is that we install an
sshd_config and the AUR also needs it's own sshd_config.

--
Jelle van der Waa