[arch-devops] Meeting Tomorrow 19:30 - 20:30 UTC

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 11 17:08:19 UTC 2019

Em outubro 10, 2019 2:51 Kanchen Monnin via arch-devops escreveu:
> Hello Jelle van der Waa,
>
> My name is Kanchen Monnin, I live in Germany. I work as a system
> administrator for building infrastructure for the software factory of the
> company "Neofonie". I use ArchLinux as a working environment, and I want to
> get more interest and contribute at my level about devops stuff at
> ArchLinux. Is there a process for being part of the group ? or is there a
> selection ? I'm really motivate to learn more about ArchLinux and the
> community behind.
>
> Thank you for your answer , And I wish you a great day.
>
> Kanchen Monnin

Hi Kanchen,

Thanks for your email. We do not have a strictly defined process for becoming
part of the devops team. Right now this team is composed by Arch Linux developers,
plus one more member that is not a developer, but was sponsored by one.

So, there is precedent for being part of the devops team only, while not being part
of the broader Arch. Things on the devops team have been mostly organically and we have
been making efforts to improve things a bit, like holding meetings and defining goals.

Everything we do is in the open. We have an IRC channel on freenode, #archlinux-devops.
Our repository with infra code is open [0] and is (manually) mirrored to github [1] and
we have a kanboard with tasks we plan on undertaking [2].

If you want to help, it will be very welcome. You can start by joining our IRC channel,
having a look at the tasks and perhaps trying to submit PR's for some of them. Some of the
tasks on that board might be outdated, so asking before touching any, is better.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

[0] https://git.archlinux.org/infrastructure.git/
[1] https://github.com/archlinux/infrastructure