[arch-devops] Devops meeting summary - 09/10

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 11 17:32:39 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'm sending the summary of yesterday's meeting:

    Mirroring of Arch Linux Archive

        runner2.archlinux.org becomes ger.mirror.pkgbuild.com
        use all PIA boxes as public mirrors for Archive AND repos

        Sven will be in handle of these

    Gitlab PoC

        Gitlab is running, we need to re-package keyclock for better security, anthraxx will handle this.

    Planet migration

        Make planet.archlinux.org part of archweb

    Mailman 3

        Ask fedora regarding their mailman migration

        Create a package and test migration - Jerome will look into this

        Blocker https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/343

    Lack of overview of services/hosts

        Deferred

    Twitter

        Deferred

    Forum migration

        It was decided to migrate it to a VPS and then move to discourse. Possibly with SSO already.

    Soyuz retirement

        We are going to point internal mirroring to repos.archlinux.org

        Create new server and migrate content for public_html.

    Getting a storage box instead of vostok

        Move to storage box for backups (create a kanban ticket and figure out automation). We currently pay 30 euros

    Backup the archive

        Requires a larger backup server (currently 1.2TB free on vostok)

    Offsite backups

        Decide if borg will handle it or we are doubling the backup with another tool. Settle on external service:

        borgbase
        glacier
        online.net cold storage
        dedicated server

I have summed up a few things for clarity, but I guess it covers what we've discussed.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini