[arch-devops] Devops meeting summary - 09/10

brent s. bts at square-r00t.net
Mon Oct 14 22:39:33 UTC 2019

On 10/11/19 1:32 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-devops wrote:
>    Offsite backups
>
>        Decide if borg will handle it or we are doubling the backup with
> another tool. Settle on external service:
>
>        borgbase
>        glacier
>        online.net cold storage
>        dedicated server

just wanted to suggest something - i'm a borg user for $work and
personal, and https://backupsy.com/ has some pretty good storage/cost
ratios (make sure you snag the 40% off-for-life coupon code at the top
right). it's slow as shit sometimes so your initial sync might take a
bit of time, but subsequent ones shouldn't be too bad (since borg is
incremental) and the price for that amount of storage is pretty hard to
beat.

HTH.

--
brent saner