[arch-devops] Add Frederik Schwan to the devops team

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 2 20:44:33 UTC 2020

Em junho 30, 2020 17:32 Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-devops escreveu:

> DevOps team traditionally consisted of developers, with exception of
> fukawi who is a member of our community for longer than many packagers
> are. While I understand you trust Frederik, he joined Arch only recently
> and unless you have some particular task in mind, I don't see why he
> would need root access to the entire infrastructure. It should be
> no-brainer to let him access only specific VPSes or even create a
> disposable one only for testing purposes.

Except this is not exactly true. I've joined as TU on November 2016 [0] and on the same month
I was also given root access to the devops team [1]. The main problem with specific access is
the vault and it's something we've discussed in the past. And, to fix that we need ... more people
on devops. It's a chicken-egg problem.

I'm not going to hijack this thread anymore with other topics, as I've said above, freswa has been
contributing to Arch in several manners for *way* longer I was when I was given root access and he's not
only knowledgeable, but wanting to help, so, again, it's a +1 from me.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

[0] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2016-November/032892.html
[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/commit/83b21fd45121a992b128bb51a669a87012c7d394