[arch-devops] cloud-images

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sat May 2 21:43:34 UTC 2020

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to revive this thread and state the current requirements
for Arch Linux qcow2 images.

The qcow2 images are finally stable enough for the public, therefore I
would like to make them available on the same location as the ISO + link
to it via our website. The images will be signed by me locally and then
uploaded. For this, I've created the following todo list:

1. Build qcow2 image + sign it
2. Get access to a web directory from the devops team
3. Upload it to the web directory
4. Patch the archlinux.org website to link to the image location

The image is round about 1.5GB big in size. The only question that still
hunts me is: Do we want to mirror this image or not? The image is
expected to be updated once per month. So I don't see such a big impact
on mirroring. My fear is that, if we don't mirror, we will maybe
encounter higher load and traffic on the image serving server.

Chris