[arch-events] FrOSCon 2009

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Jun 6 12:00:31 EDT 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 18:37:57 +0300
Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 17:20, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > I think we should at least have posters and CDs this year,
> > presentation machines and maybe more cool stuff, ideas are welcome.
>
> I can make printed or lightscribed CDs/DVDs as I have equipment for
> this, just need some up-to-date images. Thayer, can you provide some?
> As for the hardware, I will be able to take only my laptop, mini-ITX
> box and a DSLR camera,
> and probably will need some papers to help me get a visa.

1) i accepted you :)
2) we will know the result very soon.
http://twitter.com/froscon/statuses/2034579756/
3) we may (should) see a new official arch release before mid august.
Mind if I ask what Thayer has to do with this?  We "release engineers"
are the newcomers in the arch developer group, so maybe i'm missing
something ;)
4) Is the text in the "application form" publicly visible or is it only
meant for the froscon organizers? It looks a bit like sales talk imho.

Dieter