[arch-events] FrOSCon 2009

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 6 12:13:12 EDT 2009

Dieter Plaetinck schrieb:
> 1) i accepted you :)

There is no way to list everyone who joined the project. I accepted
Pierre and Andy initially, no idea what happened since then.

> 2) we will know the result very soon.
> http://twitter.com/froscon/statuses/2034579756/

This seems to be about the Call for Papers, projects are another thing.
Apparently, we'll also get an E-Mail soon, I was talking to some guy in
#froscon who said there was trouble because some projects didn't fill
out the application completely (we did).

> 3) we may (should) see a new official arch release before mid august.
> Mind if I ask what Thayer has to do with this?  We "release engineers"
> are the newcomers in the arch developer group, so maybe i'm missing
> something ;)

Thayer is our artwork guy, so he can design covers for the CDs. I asked
him last year and we didn't have a FrOSCon logo in svg, I'll organize
that this time.

> 4) Is the text in the "application form" publicly visible or is it only
> meant for the froscon organizers? It looks a bit like sales talk imho.

I wrote it, and I was actually selling Arch to them. The application is
only for the FrOSCon people, but some of the rest is for the website.