[arch-events] FrOSCon 2010 planning

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Aug 8 12:27:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:16:37 +0200, Thorsten Töpper
<atsutane at freethoughts.de> wrote:
> I'll come and probably will sleep in the room too. I can give a short
> presentation which will explain how our community is build up and how
> the ABS works.

I could assist you if you like. I should probably able to talk about
"behind the scenes" without much preparations. This would be about how
we maintain packages, organize things, our servers, mirrors etc..

> I currently hardly fight with my hardware so I can not say yet if I can
> bring something else than laptop, cables and sockets with me, I'll give
> a clear list at last 7 days before the fun. However I'll try to get
> enough space at my laptop so I can also bring a local mirror for
> [extra] next to my usual [core] one so we can help people with fast
> complete installations and set ups if there again people who need so.
> (The main interest ist to fasten the installation at presentation
> machines up but *shhh*. ;-))

Afaik Thomas has always a local mirror and me too. So you wont need to
delete important stuff from yours.

Greetings,

Pierre