[arch-events] Archcon 2011

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Aug 16 16:52:07 EDT 2010

imho catering is overkill. having one or several fast food
stands/sandwish bars/... around should do.  maybe just a fridge with
some drinks but even that is optional if there are vending machines
nearby.

also, as you said, having pubs around is a must, and working wifi is
very useful.  But if you pick the location cleverly (or decide to go
with a bigger conf), all of the above becomes a lot easier.

About the froscon idea: I think it pulls away some attention from Arch
if there are too many other things to do, and it's less "cousy" but you
get a lot of advantages (logistics taken care of, maybe some interested
people stopping by).
I don't know what you're referring to with the froscon organising
complaints though.  Maybe Roman's issues with the visa, but that's a
problem with the german embassy, not froscon (afaik).

What makes an Archcon an archcon, and not "arch devs present at
conference $foo" is mostly Arch talks.  lots of Arch talks, but I think
that won't be an issue.  If every dev I'v met so far at froscon/fosdem
gives 1 presentation, you can easily fill 2 days :)

Anyway, since the froscon this year is next weekend, this may be a
perfect time for some of our devs to discuss further and maybe get
together with the froscon crew.  we would definitely need a much bigger
devroom then the one we have now, but that should be mostly it.
Unfortunately I won't make it to froscon this year :(

Dieter