[arch-events] Archcon 2011

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:56:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 23:52, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> About the froscon idea: I think it pulls away some attention from Arch
> if there are too many other things to do, and it's less "cousy" but you
> get a lot of advantages (logistics taken care of, maybe some interested
> people stopping by).

True. However at FrOSCon and FOSDEM there were dev rooms
specifically for talks about one project (e.g. PHP room, KDE room),
so with a dedicated Arch room for talks this can be just fine
(and we get extra visitors from the main conference :-P).

> What makes an Archcon an archcon, and not "arch devs present at
> conference $foo" is mostly Arch talks.  lots of Arch talks, but I think
> that won't be an issue.  If every dev I'v met so far at froscon/fosdem
> gives 1 presentation, you can easily fill 2 days :)

Very true.

> I don't know what you're referring to with the froscon organising
> complaints though.  Maybe Roman's issues with the visa, but that's a
> problem with the german embassy, not froscon (afaik).

actually it's froscon's team slowness that was the main problem

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)