[arch-events] ArchCon : easy transit through GO train ?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 23:33:24 EDT 2010

On Wed 07 Jul 2010 21:27 -0400, Gregory Eric Sanderson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have some relatives that live right next to a GO train station in
> Burlington, and was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to transit from
> the GO trains to Humber college. By looking at a this map
> http://davidpritchard.org/maps/tortransit.html I can see that the nearest GO
> stations are malton, etobicoke north, and york university (which are quite
> far a walking distance) and i'm having trouble making any correspondance
> between the official GO maps and the TTC maps. So, i'm wondering if its
> worth the effort of using the GO trains or just going to a nearby hotel. any
> thoughts ?

Try the trip planner:
http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/schedules/google.aspx

I can't imagine you'd want to walk from any of those stations either.

You should transfer to a GO bus. I believe they have routes which stop
right in front of Humber College. That trip's gotta be at least three
hours one way though. I'd recommend finding closer accomodation.

You can always call and ask too. It's much easier than fiddling with
maps that don't show all the possibilities and best routes.

Cheers.