[arch-events] [ArchCon] MegaBus etc.

Dusty Phillips dusty at archlinux.ca
Mon Jul 12 17:22:43 EDT 2010

On 12 July 2010 15:08, David Campbell <davekong at archlinux.us> wrote:
> I am going to be getting to Toronto via MegaBus, which is
> supposed to drop me off at the Toronto Coach Terminal. I am
> wondering if anyone has taken MegaBus to Toronto before and knows
> if they make any other stops that might be a better place to get
> off, and if not, what the best way to get to Humber College from
> the Coach Terminal is.

I do not know MegaBus, but the only other major terminal (that I know
of) in the area is at Yorkdale mall, and I'm pretty sure I have never
seen a MegaBus there.

> Looking on Google maps, I am told the
> fastest route is to walk to the Georgetown Train Service, take
> that to the Bolton Bus service, and take that to the college.
> That has an estimated travel time of 94 minutes, which would mean
> I would be arriving at the college about 9:15 AM (late for
> registrations).

I think you'd be better to take the TTC, although it's kind of
"complicated", too. This would be your route, I think: From coach
terminal, take either the bay bus or the yonge subway (yonge and
dundas is a short walk from the bus terminal, you can get there
underground if you follow the 'subway' sign) north until you get to
the bloor subway (bloor-yonge station if you are on the subway, or bay
station if you are taking the bay bus). Then take that subway west all
the way to Kipling station, the last station on the stop. Go upstairs,
and catch the 191 highway 27 rocket North via humber college. TTC trip
planner says this is about 60 minutes, although I don't trust anything
the TTC tells me, ever. ;-)

Don't worry if you're late for registration. Just find me after I
finish my intro talk and we'll get you sorted. There aren't enough
people that registration is going to be overly stressful.

FTR, I'll be the tall dude who looks like he needs to be in 15 places
at once and can't decide which one to prioritize.

Dusty