[arch-events] Archcon: places to sleep and to eat?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Jun 26 06:39:23 EDT 2010

hi,
1)
Who has figured out where to sleep yet?
If everything goes according to plan, I'll be hanging around in
Toronto for about 10-14 days.
According to http://www.archlinux.ca/archcon2010/?page_id=43, a dorm
room at the campus is a good bet. The archcon wiki page says you can
share rooms, but all the dorms are meant for single occupancy and hence
have only 1 bed, according to their webpage.
So I was gonna ask if anyone wanted to share a room with me for the
duration of the conference (4 days incl. weekend), or possible longer,
but seems that's not even possible, unless you take a suite for
multiple persons. it's $69 for 2 bedrooms and $79 for 3 bedrooms, per
night.

personally, i like "bed & breakfast" formulas, in my region this
usually means you live in the house of some person and have often quite
a good service for a good price, and a breakfast of course.  but if i
google for "toronto bed and breakfast" i mostly hit fancy
establishments with the associated prices ($70 and more) located in the
financial district of toronto (not where the conf is)

Although I did find one in "silverstone drive" (short walk from the
conf) (the name of the owner is Barbara Rundle, haven't found an email
address, only a phone no.) and I'm also gonna check what I
can get out of http://www.torontobandb.com/

Also, where will we eat?
Are there any accomodations at the conf? Are there nice snack bars and
such in the area around the conf? (google maps only returns
some in the financial distruct) Supposing you don't use a B&B formula,
where do you get breakfast?

Dieter