[arch-events] Archcon: places to sleep and to eat?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Jun 29 17:34:21 EDT 2010

Okay, so for my 2nd week (21-28 july), I have (almost) arranged a bed
and breakfast close to the conf campus.

For my first week (14-21 july) I'm still not sure.
Thanks for the hostel proposals. I've never been at a hostel and i'm
somewhat hesitant to do so.
While they seem nice (you get to meet people, they organise activities,
you get food) 2 things scare me:
1) risk of theft. Somewhat alleviated i guess because most hostels have
lockers.
2) loud/antisocial/.. room mates that keep you awake. I'm especially
sensitive to this, more then average people :/

I heard some bad stories about issue #2 in a hostel in Belgium, would
this be a general problem or is it somehow possible that different
hostels really have different (in terms of maturity) audiences?