[arch-events] arch linux meetups @ FOSDEM

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Jan 22 06:31:18 EST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:00:29 +0100
Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:14:52 +0100
> prometheus <prometheus at x303.cc> wrote:
>

> > > * saturday evening: meetup at the conference @ 7:15PM (last talks
> > > end at 7PM) @ [http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/room/h1301 Cross
> > > Distribution Devroom H.1301. no sure yet what to do. another
> > > drinks/dinner?
> >
> > Romain S. got a pretty nice idea in my opinion in the last thread
> > ([arch-events] fosdem 2012 attendance) to do some Arch Hacking? Like
> > Arch-ARM on dockstars, SheevaPlugs, etc. so a bit more Hardware
> > orientated, but always with Arch? Other hacks not excluded. ;)
> >
> > What you think of that?! Romain?
>
> Not my main interest, but you are free to organize something like
> that. I know FOSDEM used to have "hacker rooms" which you can use for
> ad-hoc hacking meetups like this, they probably still have these.

oops. it seems the "hacker rooms" are meant for quietly checking your mail and such.
To do what you want, you'll need to find a place where there's no talk going on and where you're not disturbing anyone.
I see the embedded devroom has some timeslots without a talk going on, so that could work.  although they are still filling up the schedule, so ...

Dieter