[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Sat Dec 15 05:54:20 EST 2007

On Samstag, 15. Dezember 2007 09:43 Karolina Lindqvist wrote:

> That is allright, but why abort "makepkg" on non-authorized architectures?

It seems that makepkg test only right or wrong because a "arch=(aai686
aax86_64" brings the same break. I'm not a dev but from my view this is too
strict. On the other side only a warning at the beginning is too simple
because it can get overseen very easy but i think a warning at the end will
be read in the most cases. Perhaps everybody can lives with this suggestion
better than with the actual situation.

See you, Attila