[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Sat Dec 15 09:09:28 EST 2007

lördag 15 december 2007 skrev Massimiliano Brocchini:
> I agree with Karolina.
> Karolina I would like to encourage you to put a repository up for VIA
> C3, I was interested in lowarch http://www.lowarch.org/ and I tested
> it, but it seems dead/dormant.
> I would like to have an archlinux version installable on a C3 so If
> you need help (cpu power for compiling, testing, help with scripting,
> etc) ask me and I'll see what I can do for you.
>
> Massimiliano

It is coming. Maybe I have it all up and running in a week or two. I am
cross-compiling on a faster machine, through nfs and chroot, otherwise it
would take ages to compile native. I am not sure everything will work like
that, but it ought to. When plain archlinux is working, it is time to decide
if something special for the C3 is needed? It is a low-end processor, after
all, and some things you just don't want to run on it. I will probably
exclude a lot from "extra" unless I get a good reason not to do it.

Karolina