[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Sun Dec 16 02:10:25 EST 2007

lördag 15 december 2007 skrev bardo:
> 2007/12/15, Karolina Lindqvist <karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se>:
> > To edit each and every PKGBUILD for each and every package and every
> > update appears like quite a big work.
>
> If you use pacman-git (which a lot of people is using without too much
> hassle, actually it's really stable) you'll find the -A option:
>
>   -A, --ignorearch Ignore incomplete arch field in PKGBUILD
>
> Here's the PKGBUILD:
> http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-git/pacman-git/PKGBUILD
>

> Corrado

What is pacman-git, can you tell me more about it?
Would it offer some advantages either in speed, or for other architectures
than the approved? Is it compatible with normal pacman?

pacman is otherwise one of the packages I don't want to mess with, since it is
so central to the function of archlinux.

Karolina