[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Mon Dec 17 03:49:43 EST 2007

lördag 15 december 2007 skrev bardo:
> 2007/12/15, Karolina Lindqvist <karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se>:
> > To edit each and every PKGBUILD for each and every package and every
> > update appears like quite a big work.
>
> If you use pacman-git (which a lot of people is using without too much
> hassle, actually it's really stable) you'll find the -A option:
>
>   -A, --ignorearch Ignore incomplete arch field in PKGBUILD
>
> Here's the PKGBUILD:
> http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-git/pacman-git/PKGBUILD
>

> Corrado

Actually, this turned out to be a good advice. Thank you!
I run into so many problem with ordinary pacman. After fixing some bugs in
pacman-git, and implementing some extra features that I needed, it works good
for me.

And this arch thing, after sleeping on it, I found that it can be made to an
advantage. I modified makeworld so that it only builds if it is in a
supported arch, unless --ignorearch is specified. That way I can mark all
files I need with my arch, and the rest will be ignored in build. I would
call that a "good thing", since looking in the PKGBUILD files, all archs are
not included in all packages. Now I just include i586 in the packages that
are appropriate, and do a "makeworld" to compile only them and ignore the
rest.

Karolina