[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Thu Dec 20 12:50:39 EST 2007

måndag 17 december 2007 skrev David Moore:

> It's worth plugging a reminder that Arch's failure to do this so far is a
> violation of the GPL for all GPL-licensed packages.  This should be
> implemented as soon as possible.

There are quite some packages, mostly in extra, that are not on the source
location specified, but that you have to hunt the net for. In some cases the
md5sum does not match, so you don't even know if it is the same source. And
if something is made for a 5 year old version of linux, I wonder if it still
works and is doing the same thing, or that the function maybe is not needed
anymore?

Suggestion: Kick out the obsolete packages, particularly those that have not
seen any upstreams activity for years. They can be moved to AUR and community
for those few who still want them.

Karolina