[arch-general] texlive-bin depends on xorg-server, why?

Dan Soendergaard dan1990 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 20:18:47 EST 2007

Dear Archers,

This is the first time I use a mailing list, please bare over with me
in case of any strange behaviour on my part (I've already mailed this
message to the wrong address once, sorry!).

I discovered that texlive-bin depends on the xorg-server package which
seems strange for a terminal programme. Why this dependency and how
can it be removed (if possible without breaking LaTeX)?

I ask because I'm installing an Archlinux server and want the
possibility of compiling my documents through SSH no matter what
computer I'm on. Is it possible to circumvent the installation of
xorg-server?

Sincerely,

Dan Sondergaard