[arch-general] [English] New Distro - Can't Read German

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Apr 1 05:35:48 EDT 2008

Roman Kyrylych a écrit :
> 2008/4/1, Maik Beckmann <beckmann.maik at googlemail.com>:
>> Am Dienstag 01 April 2008 09:58:12 schrieb waldek:
>>
>>  > well, he did it. Polish was a bit too extreme so the peaceful fraction
>>  > of "old timers" agreed to switch to German instead.
>>  > More is coming...
>>  >

>> German? Boooring!
>>
>>  What about one of these
>>   - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constructed_languages
>
> Then I vote for Toki Pona. :-D

Sorry guys, Arch originated in British Columbia, Canada, and as a
contribution against the massive extinction of languages in this world,
our distro is going to adopt one of the five Wakashan languages still
spoken on the Vancouver Island:
Vote is open to choose any one of these languages as our new official
Archlingua:

Nuu-chah-nulth/Nootka
Kwakw’ala/Kwakiutl
Haisla-Henaksiala
Heiltsuk-Oowekyala
Ditidaht/Nitinat

Each of these has ca. 200 active speakers left [*]. Once the vote is
settled, a dozen speakers of the chosen languages will be hired to
train our Arch developers.

A linguistic summer camp on Vancouver Island is also planned for next
summer, so all of us can become proficient in the language.

[* Source http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca/howed/abor_lang.htm]