[arch-general] [English] New Distro - Can't Read German

Jon Kristian Nilsen jokr.nilsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:21:56 EDT 2008

I don't have much to say on this, but there are some points in want to bring
forth.

You guys think that discussing this on a hidden list and making the switch
without anyone knowing it will make the community feel that they are apart
of the archlinux community?

Personally i've been annoyed by sites using native languages for years,
because in very large cases i found either the project to be interesting or
the site itself, but unreadable!

"keeping Arch as a primarily English distro is a disservice to our largest
user-base." That just doesn't make any sense, what you guys are doing now,
is locking out all international users, isn't that too a disservice?

Why didn't you guys create a german site on a german domain? I got that
answer when i asked about possibilities getting a sub-domain for a norwegian
site, it's the exact same thing!

-JK