[arch-general] Transition to the new perl policy

Fri Apr 11 20:15:12 EDT 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Ond?ej Ku?era wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to figure out why something doesn't work with a certain
> perl module and even though later I found out that the problem is
> somewhere else, I noticed that there still are some files and
> directories in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current. The packages
> responsible for this (on my machine) are:
> perl-compress-zlib
> perl-parse-recdescent
> perl-term-readline
> perl-io-compress-base
> perl-io-compress-zlib
> perl-compress-raw-zlib
> Is this considered a bug, shoud I file a bug report? If so, one for
> each package, or just on report listing them all?

You can remove:
perl-compress-zlib
perl-io-compress-base
perl-io-compress-zlib
perl-compress-raw-zlib
as they are now provided by the perl package.

The two other use the new policy make sure your system (and mirror you
use ) is up-to-date:
perl-parse-recdescent-1.95.1-1
perl-term-readline-1.0302-1

> Also, there are these following five files that no package owns.
> error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DCOP/Object.pm
> error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/DCOP.bs
> error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/DCOP.so
> error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/.packlist
> error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DCOP.pm
> This really confuses me because I never (and I mean really never)
> install anything any other way than via pacman. It is perhaps related
> to http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8466, although I'm not sure how come
> they're without an owner now. Maybe it is because they used to be in
> site_perl/5.8.8 (and site_perl/current was only a symlink), whereas now
> they're in site_perl/current which is a regular directory now (and
> kdebindings still "owns" them in site_perl/5.8.8).
>
> Ond?ej

believed to be clean.