[arch-general] Transition to the new perl policy

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Fri Apr 11 19:10:59 EDT 2008


I was trying to figure out why something doesn't work with a certain
perl module and even though later I found out that the problem is
somewhere else, I noticed that there still are some files and
directories in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current. The packages
responsible for this (on my machine) are:
Is this considered a bug, shoud I file a bug report? If so, one for
each package, or just on report listing them all?

Also, there are these following five files that no package owns.
error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DCOP/Object.pm
error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/DCOP.bs
error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/DCOP.so
error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DCOP/.packlist
error: No package owns ./x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DCOP.pm
This really confuses me because I never (and I mean really never)
install anything any other way than via pacman. It is perhaps related
to http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8466, although I'm not sure how come
they're without an owner now. Maybe it is because they used to be in
site_perl/5.8.8 (and site_perl/current was only a symlink), whereas now
they're in site_perl/current which is a regular directory now (and
kdebindings still "owns" them in site_perl/5.8.8).


Ondřej Kučera

More information about the arch-general mailing list