[arch-general] Way of flaging out of date?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sat Apr 12 11:33:56 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 17:31 +0800, gan lu wrote:
> In my opinion, Arch is the best distro can really do bleeding edge
> with stablility, thank devs for their excellent work. However due to
> some reasion (saying shortage of time, man power, instersts etc), some
> applications  can't be updated in time. We can certainly flag it out
> of date in the web page easily, but is there a way we can record when
> it was flaged at the first time and count how many people (useres)
> want to flag it (like enable people to vote, but of course only  send
> a remind email at the first/person )?
> Just my idea, I am not a programmer so don't blame me not to do it
> real by myself.

Once a package is flagged, it's flagged and it stays flagged. The
maintainer gets a mail about the flagged package.

The first thing I stated isn't actually true though: we can unflag
packages, which we'll certainly do when people think development
versions of packages like GTK are newer than the stable version in our
repository. This happens on a daily basis when GNOME development
releases are pushed to the FTP for example, or in cases when people
think gnome-common should be 2.22.0 because GNOME is at 2.22.x (while
there's only gnome-common-2.20.0 on the upstream FTP).