[arch-general] Way of flaging out of date?

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Sat Apr 12 14:01:35 EDT 2008

On Samstag, 12. April 2008 17:33 Jan de Groot wrote:

At first i don't want to create a bureaucratic monster.-)

> The first thing I stated isn't actually true though: we can unflag
> packages, which we'll certainly do when people think development
> versions of packages like GTK are newer than the stable version in our
> repository. This happens on a daily basis when GNOME development
> releases are pushed to the FTP for example, or in cases when people
> think gnome-common should be 2.22.0 because GNOME is at 2.22.x (while
> there's only gnome-common-2.20.0 on the upstream FTP).

I never think about it but as i wrote your lines i think about a comment filed
as in the bug tracker. So a dev can unflag the package with a comment as "It
is the actual one" or "Will get updated if package xyz from testing is ready"
or "The newer one don't compiles because ...". In the third case it is
possible that more people can search for a patch or can contact the dev from
mainstream and the maintainer of the package don't need to tell the same even
and even again.

But if this makes more work than it is a help than forget my idea.

See you, Attila