[arch-general] Banshee needs an update

Alec Hussey alec.hussey at madsoft.org
Fri Apr 18 17:00:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 08:59 +0200, JJDaNiMoTh wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:00:26 +0200
> Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Justin Gx wrote:

> > > Thanks for writing this - I was going to write something along the same
> > > lines. the Banshee in the repos is much too basic.
> > >

> > Where is your PKGBUILD up-to-date and with essential features, so that
> > people interested would know what you are talking about?
> >

> This is a developer's work.
>
> If Jan requests his help, Justin or Alec can email him directly to his e-mail.
> And yours isn't the answer much appropriate, the best way would was
> 'use the out-of-date checkbox and not this mailing-list'
>
> /* Leave from your brain this 'patches welcome' mind. They only want
>  * to help. 							*/

But last I checked, the repository browser on archlinux.org doesnt
support that and the banshee pacakges in the AUR are SVN releases done
by other users.

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/search/?q=banshee
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&L=0&C=0&K=banshee&SeB=nd&PP=25&do_Search=Go

        On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 10:19 +0300, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
        > Current banshee version is 0.98.1 and latest is 0.98.3. Even
        though i
        > dont know i doubt the features added are that essential to
        cause this
        > fuzz.

        Oh, they are. Banshee had a complete rewrite and the 0.98.1
        version is
        really really basic.

        0.98.3 adds new stuff like shuffling, video support etc.

        I think I would call that major features.

On top of that none of the plugins from before had been ported yet in
0.98.1 including Podcasts, DAAP, and MTP/iPod support.