[arch-general] texlive (again?)

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon Apr 21 11:29:18 EDT 2008

On Montag, 21. April 2008 11:45 Thomas Bächler wrote:

> Ha! texlive-core already provides tetex. Therefore, you can use all
> applications that depend on tetex with texlive instead. This situation
> is good enough for me.

But there is still the problem that if you do "pacman -S kile" (or auctex, lyx
etc.) at example than i think tetex will get installed instead of texlive. If
i'm wrong than forget this.

I can't speak for Jan but his "switch" means for me more a "having only
texlive". You be right that it doesn't matter for me too in which repo
texlive stays but what about removing tetex from the extra repo to avoid that
an unmaintained package get installed?

See you, Attila

P.S: "finddeps tetex" output:
depends: /var/abs/community/lib/python-pyx
depends: /var/abs/community/network/yfklog
depends: /var/abs/community/office/auctex
depends: /var/abs/community/office/lilypond
depends: /var/abs/community/office/prosper
depends: /var/abs/community/office/texvc
depends: /var/abs/community/science/gri
makedepends: /var/abs/extra/evince
makedepends: /var/abs/extra/kdegraphics
depends: /var/abs/extra/kile