[arch-general] Arch Linux presentation in free software events

Hugo Doria hugodoria at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 18:29:06 EDT 2008

Last week we had a great Free Software event here in Brasi: The
International Forum of Free Software (with nearly 8000 people).

I had the pleasure of presenting (with Douglas Soares and Kessia
Pinheiro) the Arch in a lecture. The lecture was very nice and the
room was completely full. We managed to show very well the
distribution and gain more new users for the Arch.

We also had a stand to show the distro, take questions and install
Arch for the users. The brazilian community is getting bigger and
bigger everyday. =)

Yesterday i did the same thing in another event: FLISOL (Festival of
Latin American Free Software Installation). The result was awesome
too.

Photos can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2434570553/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2446385279/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2447216974/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fisl90/

And the presetation (in pt-br) here:
http://hdoria.archlinux-br.org/palestras/fisl9.odp

What i want to know is: Someone has made any presentation of Arch in
events? How has been the receptivity of people? What you guys think
about this?

--
Hugo Doria
http://hdoria.archlinux-br.org