[arch-general] Arch Linux presentation in free software events

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Sun Apr 27 23:29:52 EDT 2008

I was writing in this moment but Ricardo did first ;-). Yeah, we were just
two archers but we did some installations and some people got interested in
testing arch, so this is our first step here in Venezuela to do local
events, and start recruiting new archers, i hope assist to another local and
national linux events in the country, to recruit more people, and get the
Arch Linux Community bigger :-).

I hope to have some pictures this week to post it.

Also i noticed that some archers in Panama and some archers in Argentina
(Mendoza) were installing Arch Linux, i hope to know how good they did :-)

Cheers!

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Ricardo Hernandez <ricardoh26 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hugo i have seen many people from brasil using arch and the brasilian
> irc and forums are full all the time. I´m from Venezuela and i participate
> in the flisol event, spreading the arch way. We are only two and don't have
> a "presentation" but a lot of people seems to be interested in the proyect
> and we gave a lot of cd's. Right now we're builing the Venezuelan Arch
> Community.
>
> 2008/4/27 Hugo Doria <hugodoria at gmail.com>:
>
> Last week we had a great Free Software event here in Brasi: The
> > International Forum of Free Software (with nearly 8000 people).
> >
> > I had the pleasure of presenting (with Douglas Soares and Kessia
> > Pinheiro) the Arch in a lecture. The lecture was very nice and the
> > room was completely full. We managed to show very well the
> > distribution and gain more new users for the Arch.
> >
> > We also had a stand to show the distro, take questions and install
> > Arch for the users. The brazilian community is getting bigger and
> > bigger everyday. =)
> >
> > Yesterday i did the same thing in another event: FLISOL (Festival of
> > Latin American Free Software Installation). The result was awesome
> > too.
> >
> > Photos can be found here:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2434570553/
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2446385279/
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdoria/2447216974/
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fisl90/
> >
> > And the presetation (in pt-br) here:
> > http://hdoria.archlinux-br.org/palestras/fisl9.odp
> >
> > What i want to know is: Someone has made any presentation of Arch in
> > events? How has been the receptivity of people? What you guys think
> > about this?
> >
> > --
> > Hugo Doria
> > http://hdoria.archlinux-br.org