[arch-general] Any place where changes in testing are announced?

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:28:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 03:07:02PM +0200, Peter Galiovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after doing a system upgrade after some months, I found out the hard way
> that the HAL support was removed from xorg-server. I wasted a full hour
> trying to get my keyboard layouts back before realizing my recreated policy
> file is fine, it is just not being used...
>
> Is there any place -- other than arch-dev-public which I do not read --
> where changes in testing are announced and that could save me headaches
> like this?
>
> (Besides, I'm not using an US layout and had no issues with the Xkb
> configuration through HAL...)
>
> Thanks,
> :g

Keep an eye on the bug tracker and the arch-dev-public mailing list.
Changes in testing are not announced. They are discussed in either or
both of the above places.
The issue you are refering to started in the forum, moved to the
bugtracker and then was discussed on the public dev mailing list.

Greg