[arch-general] Any place where changes in testing are announced?

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:05:06 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Alessio Bolognino
<themolok.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Pacman's changelog support was added to reflect "package's changes", not
>  "upstream changes"; that's what frugalware devs are doing, and they use
>  (almost) the same package manager.

Interesting, it seems you're correct. It looks like the only way to
know this, though, is to look at the changelog.proto file. None of the
pacman documentation alludes to this fact, so I always assumed it was
upstream changes.

Considering this is the case, I'm with Peter - why not just
automatically update the changelog from svn commit messages? Otherwise
I'm having a hard time believing that packagers will ever start
writing them...

Scott