[arch-general] Kudos to the kdemod gang

w9ya at qrparci.net w9ya at qrparci.net
Tue Aug 12 19:48:38 EDT 2008

Hey gang;

I wanted to voice my appreciation to the kdemod folks for doing things the
"Arch-way" and giving choice back to the user-base by creating the
kdemod-legacy repo and packages.

It is nice to see such a group doing something that is both worthwhile and
definitely needed.

AND it is nice to finally have something positive to say after kde4 was
transfered from the testing to the "main-line" repo(s).

Further, I am impressed that the kdemod group seemed to have seen through
some of the rhetoric about how good kde4 is and prepare something for
those of us that actually use the features of kde since kde1 that are
missing or inoperative in kde4. (AFTERALL the kde folks are still
maintaining kde3 so the idea that has been discussed on this e-mail
reflector; that kde4 is the ONLY kde environment "officially sponsored",
is specious.)

Very best regards;

Bob Finch

Liviu Librescu - În veci pomenirea lui.