[arch-general] problem with the new b43 module

metin kormetin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:21:13 EDT 2008

hi all,

I am having trouble with the new b43 module for my bcm4318 pci wireless
device. I can connect to the internet without a hitch but the connection
  drops unexpectedly and randomly even in good conditions near the
wireless modem after a couple of minutes or so; and it won't connect to
the internet again automatically. I tried ndiswrapper with the same
consequences. The interesting point is that the deprecated module
bcm43xx worked flawlessly, but was removed from the updated kernel 2.6.26.

I desperately need help!