[arch-general] Integrity Check

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:01:33 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Missing Makedepends
> ---------------------
> xosd --> 'xmms'
> flac --> 'xmms'
>
> Repo Hierarchy for Makedepends
> --------------------------------
> core/iputils depends on extra/jade
> core/madwifi-utils depends on extra/sharutils
> core/e2fsprogs depends on extra/bc
> core/ca-certificates depends on extra/ruby
> core/madwifi depends on extra/sharutils

I just read one comment from Thomas :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6841#comment32155

Is it fine for core package to have makedepends in extra?
What about extra and community (the xmms makedepends above)?
The second would mean core and extra repos can't be checked properly
on their own..

> Circular Dependencies
> glibc>bash>readline>ncurses>glibc
> db>coreutils>shadow>pam>db
> eclipse-ecj>gcc-gcj>eclipse-ecj

What about this, are cycles accepted too? There is also a bug report
for that : FS#9177
Especially the glibc->bash dep does not make sense. For scriptlet to
work properly, you need to have a base system installed anyway ..
I don't know enough about the other packages to tell which other deps
are questionable.