[arch-general] Update to latest jre/jdk break Eclipse

Christian Babeux christian.babeux at 0x80.ca
Fri Dec 5 20:15:08 EST 2008

Hi,

I recently updated my laptop, and it updated JRE and JDK. After that
update Eclipse won't start. I don't know if it need rebuilding because I
saw on the dev list that we are no longer using Sun's JVM and opted for
the open-source one (openjdk) (correct me if I am wrong) ?

Anyway here the relevant versions of the packages :
eclipse 3.4.1-1
jdk 6u11-1
jre 6u11-1

I attached the Eclipse log file with this message.
*EDIT*: For some reasons the list wouldn't let me post the log file so
here a link:
http://pastebin.com/m1beb7eb9

Any ideas why it's broken ?

Thank you,