[arch-general] Update to latest jre/jdk break Eclipse

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Fri Dec 5 21:06:27 EST 2008

Hi,

Christian Babeux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently updated my laptop, and it updated JRE and JDK. After that
> update Eclipse won't start. I don't know if it need rebuilding because I
> saw on the dev list that we are no longer using Sun's JVM and opted for
> the open-source one (openjdk) (correct me if I am wrong) ?
>
> Anyway here the relevant versions of the packages :
> eclipse 3.4.1-1
> jdk 6u11-1
> jre 6u11-1

If you're using jdk/jre from community, it is still the Sun's Java
implementation. You'd have to remove it and then do pacman -S openjdk6
to switch.

Don't know what's wrong with Eclipse though.

> I attached the Eclipse log file with this message.
> *EDIT*: For some reasons the list wouldn't let me post the log file so
> here a link:
> http://pastebin.com/m1beb7eb9

Perhaps try to do some googling about the errors from lines 11 and 25.
Actually, all the lines of the pattern "Bundle
reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources.compatibility_3.4.0.v20080604-1400.jar
was not resolved." are suspicious too. Seems like eclipse can't find
many of its plugins. Try to look for these files whether you have them
somewhere. Didn't you use some auto-update that might have failed or
something?

Ondřej

--
Cheers,