[arch-general] vnc on display:0

sagar n sagar.1986 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 00:53:46 EST 2008

Hi,

I want to connect to display:0 of a headless box remotely. I looked at
x11vnc but it seems to be considerably slow compared to a normal vnc
session or even XDMCP.

Is there a way to run vncserver so that it connects to :0. I looked at
xf4vnc-xvnc package, but the module libvnc.so fails to load with the
new Xserver.

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so: undefined symbol:
NumCurrentSelections
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so
(II) UnloadModule: "vnc"
(EE) Failed to load module "vnc" (loader failed, 7)

Is it a known bug? In any case, is there an alternative way to connect
to display:0 remotely?

--
Sagar N.
( evilsense )