[arch-general] A good CPU Load/Memory/Network Activity Monitor in KDE

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Dec 30 10:21:21 EST 2008

Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good KDE applet for monitoring
> system activty, similar to the GNOME one.
> I'd really like to be able to see CPU load, memory usage and network activity.
>
> I am running vanilla KDE 4.1.3 (not kdemod).
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Leonid Grinberg

I currently use separate applets:  qps to monitor cpu load, the KDE
system monitor applet to monitor memory, and knetworkmanager to monitor
whether my network is connected or not (I don't really care about
activity).  KNemo is another option for network monitoring, though it
basically just shows you a toggle (on or off) when there's network
activity, and not a graph spark line.

HTH,

DR