[arch-general] [mirror] mirror sync and reachability issues

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:29:34 EST 2008

We currently have a rash of mirror-related bugs that I wanted to draw
your attention to, most of which have been filed on the pacman
project.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9390 [Mirror] tu.chemnitz.de
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9391 [Mirror] ftp.nethat.com
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9392 [Mirror] archlinux.org.ru
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9393 [Mirror] ftp.icm.edu.pl
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9394 [Mirror] ftp.linux.kiev.ua
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9439 [Mirror-sync] ftp.nluug.nl, ftp.surfnet.nl

I'm sending this to the dev & general lists to reach a broader
audience and hopefully those who may know these mirror maintainers to
see what is up. I've commented on most of the bugs with the actions I
took with regards to the pacman mirrorlist, but there are others that
may need to take action as well.

9439 sticks out as rather big as it is two of our mirrors in the
Netherlands, so I'd appreciate any feedback on that one. Thanks a lot
to Gerhard Brauer for looking into all our mirrors and finding those
that are out of date or unreachable.

-Dan