[arch-general] [mirror] mirror sync and reachability issues

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Mon Feb 4 12:16:09 EST 2008

Hello!
* Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> schrieb am [02.02.08 17:29]:

> 9439 sticks out as rather big as it is two of our mirrors in the
> Netherlands, so I'd appreciate any feedback on that one.

The Netherlands are back & rock'n roll

Pierre and i have put a status site on archlinux.de where you could
check the mirror status.

http://users.archlinux.de/~gerbra/mirrorcheck.html

The output is still a little over-the-top and the reasons not straight
forward.
Next time i will report only out-of-sync-Mirros when the db-files on the
mirrors are older than 1 day. And mark sites older than 2 days red.
But i think itmakes more sens than the 99th pacman gui ;-) and i'm only
a hobby hacker...

At the moment i run the script by hand. When ready and fixed i think
running it 2times a day is ok.

> -Dan

Gerhard

--
OOP? Frueher haben wir die Fehler selbst
programmiert, heute werden sie vererbt.